Re: Bathroom Stuff - Your Experience?

Hi Mark,

I finished mine earlier this year. Photos are here and there's a parts
list at the end. Let me know if you want the supplier URLs for
anything specific :-)
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/TimE.Hawes/EnsuiteRevamp#

Love the heated mirror, it works really well. Also love the underfloor
heating. This is the second bathroom we've had it in and it's great.
The Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower is good and dead simple to fit,
especially the surface-mount version we got. You can get wired and
wireless remote-starts for the shower so you don't even need to get
out of bed until its up to temperature :-)

The automation of the extract fan is a bit hit & miss. It's configured
so that the fan comes on when the hot pipe gets hot (via a hot water
tank cylinder stat). But something's not right, either the contact
between the stat & pipe isn't good enough, or the stat not sensitive
enough etc.
I will change it to use one of those "smart sockets" intended to
switch on/off PC peripherals depending on whether the PC is on or not
andl wire the power shower box through the socket,  controlling the
fan off that as the shower draws >100W when fully running.

On a non-automated note, I'm not sure I'd get the B&Q loo again as it
does require use of the loo brush after every "sit down" visit.
It
seems the shape of the pan at the back doesn't really slope forward
enough so "stuff" is left behind even after flushing...
Apart from that though the loo is fine.

We've also been pleased with all of the other fixtures & fittings. It
was supposed to be a "budget" job but still spent ~=A35k with it
mostly
as DIY. Better than the =A318k over-the-phone quote I got though!

One final comment, a clock embedded in the mirror (like those mirror
TVs) would be useful to keep track of how late I'm running in the
morning...

HTH,

Tim.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxx> wro=
te:
> About to 'do up' a bathroom and I'm interested to hear peoples
experience=