OT Flatbed scanner repair

  • Subject: OT Flatbed scanner repair
  • From: "Malcolm" <zen8432@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 20:39:52 -0000

I've an HP Scanjet scanner with ADF which hasn't had a lot of use and has
j=
ust gone out of warranty.  It still scans but the resulting files are
'stri=
ped'.  Looking at the lamp when stationery and then watching it when it
mak=
es its pass it seems to flicker. I'm guessing that might be the problem.

I thought it might be easy to replace the lamp but getting one seems to be
=
difficult and from what i've read, there it might be difficult to
recalibra=
te it after fitting.

Anyone know of anyone who repairs scanners (ideally in Central Scotland to
=
save on postage)?  The only companies I've found on Google seem to deal
wit=
h corporates only.

Anyone any experience of having a scanner repaired?  I'd probably pay up
to=
=A3100 to have it repaired beyond that I'll consider a new or s/h replacem=
ent.

Any advice gratefully received...

Malcolm