Re: [OT] Whs Connector problem

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Whs Connector problem
  • From: "tawacyclones" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:11:04 -0000

Hi Tim,

Do you have access to a running standard build Windows XP Home?  If so, run
Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/)
and see what MSTSC.exe is dependent on.  After that, copy the necessary
files (and possibly registar them) to your lite install.  I don't know much
about NLite, but if it only omits unused assemblies, but leaves the
registry intact then this process should work, or at least get you started
in the right direction.

Sorry I can't offer any definitive "copy this.file" and
"copy that.file" solution.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim" <tim@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know a bunch of you have WHS - I have a problem.  I bought my
daughter an Asus Eeepc from the spec sheet.  It said it had 12Gb SSD which
I figured would be enough - trouble is that its cut into 4 and 8 gb
partitions with XP home on the smaller partition (go figure).  After a
vanilla install of XP home and updates etc. the 4gb partition is full and
it's useless.  I have created a trimmed version of XP using nlite and have
ended up with an xp install that is 600Mb in size which is much better.

> Trouble is I now can't get the WHS connector to install.  I think I
have trimmed the RDP bits out of XP Home and can't get them back.  Ideally
I don't want to go through the whole XP build again (I wouldn't know which
bit to reinstigate anyway) and when I try and install the M$ RDP it tells
me the service pack already has this installed and its not necessary - any
ideas?

> Tim.
>
> ps Conversely, anyone want to buy an Eeepc so I can get one with a
decent sized hard drive.

> pps please don't tell me that Linux would be better as I'm close to a
total and catastrophic sense of humour failure on this....