RE: unRaid - Media storage server solution

I had that flagged up to me by a guy that I have been trying to
resolve a
couple of WHS "funnies" with over on the "We Got
Served" forums ... there's
that and another one that I need to have a look at as well.

It's a sort of "semi RAID" solution where you basically generate
parity
snapshots of data that doesn't change very often (such as music libraries
and movie collections) and the drives remain viable as standalone entities
(they can be individually read outside of the "array") but it is
possible to
recreate a failed drive from the parity snapshot. If you get two drives
fail
then instead of losing everything all you lose is the data on those two
drives...

It's basically on my "to take a look at" list waiting for me to
have some
free time to take a shot at it - ahead of that is "Ultimate Media
Collector"
for the Popcorn Hour which is an "on the fly" (dynamically)
generated user
interface to your movies collection on the PCH rather than using the
pre-generated ones like YAMJ and My Lil Movies Jukebox...

Phil

bluray