RE: windows 7

Basically my suggestion would be:

DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO NOT - DO
NOT install the release candidate of Windows 7 on any machine you *NEED* to
use regularly. If you have a spare machine then by all means use that but
when the trial OS expires then you end up with a crippled machine.

If you want to install it to play with then by all means do so but do it on
a machine you can "lose" - you should be able to do an
"upgrade" but anyone
with any sense would avoid doing so like the plague. Clean installs all the
way.

If you're going to install it over the top of Vista on a machine that you
use regularly then there's an email here from Kofi Annan telling me there's
a bankers draft for $600,000 waiting for me that you might be interested to
claim ... seriously - don't try to shortcut getting a proper install of
Windows 7 on a "working" PC by using the release candidate. It
isn't at all
bad and I've had it installed on two machines here at home but *NEITHER*
were my main machines and were either clean installs or dual boots.

Phil