RE: Re: 100 watt light bulbs

Have you not tried halogen GLS lamps yet? These uses a halogen lamp
within
the normal GLS body so use less energy while remaining fully dimmable and
with great light quality. Philips and Osram have ranges available and while
these are not as efficient as CFLs (they typically save 30% compared to
standard GLS) they do provide all of the benefits of incandescent while
saving a reasonable amount of energy at the same time and having longer
lam=
life. You can even get candle lamps from Osram which run at 28W to replace
40W incandescent candles. Prices are not too bad at around =A31.50 per lamp
for the 60/100W replacements.

=20

For those with MR16 lamps you can change to Philips Masterline ES or
simila=
which are a range of high-efficiency halogen lamps that again reduce the
energy used by 30% compared with standard halogens and remain fully
dimmable. The only downside of these high efficiency lamps is that there is
not an aluminium coated version for use in fire-rated fittings although I
guess there is no reason why they should not appear in time.=20

=20

There are also high efficiency GU10 lamps from Osram (Halopar) that save
20=
%
compared to standard GU10 lamps.

=20

So there are options for those wanting to save energy but keep the quality
of light and full dimming capability they have experienced with GLS and
standard halogen fittings.

=20

Neil B.

=20