Re: Re: 100 watt light bulbs

Steve wrote:
> From a energy saving point its nuts to be buying 100w bulbs.

Indeed. Even setting aside any environmental concerns, it must be hugely
expensive to run a house full of them - I'm assuming the folks still
using significant numbers of them don't have a CurrentCost or similar,
or have to put a rubber bit between their teeth when they open the
'leccy bill :-)

I find it especially bemusing given the direction energy generation and
supply are headed in the UK. Electricity is very likely to get /hugely/
more expensive sometime in the next few years.

These are both worth a read:
http://fellsassociates.awardspace.com/site/LinkedDocuments/Pragmatic%20Energy%20Policy1.pdf
http://www.withouthotair.com/synopsis10.pdf

> Ive just bought Phillips cfl's at 10 for a pound for my next project.
Sent
> the wife poundland or similar. Bought 150 of them.

150 x 11W = ... ? :-)

Jim