[OT] (maybe) - PC Soundcards...

  • Subject: [OT] (maybe) - PC Soundcards...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 23:24:33 +0100

=20

I=92m looking for a PC soundcard that will output 192kHz / 24bit audio
(without downsampling) via SP/DIF either optical or electrical but
preferably both =96 has anyone got any suggestions?

=20

I=92ve been looking at the ASUS Xonar D2M or D2/PX cards at a little bit
be=
low
/ above =A3100 respectively but although they clearly state that they have
192kHz/24bit capable DACs (and ADCs) it isn=92t clear whether they can
outp=
ut
192kHz/24bit via SP/DIF =96 of course there could also be other much
cheape=
cards that will handle 192kHz/24bit SP/DIF output as well.

=20

I had been thinking of getting an M-Audio transit but they =93only=94 do
up=
96kHz and it would be nice to be able to output 192kHz as well (without
everything being downsampled by Windows of course).

=20

All suggestions gratefully received.

=20

Phil