Re: Smart Meters Manufacturer

Alert Me do not have a realtime API available in their current
software
:-(  All API calls are routed via their own servers which means an
internet link must be available and there are inherent delays.   The
status has to be polled too, there is no 'event' and the number of polls
are rate limited.

These are really only issues for automation enthusiasts and not typical
users of course.  but it's the reason that I haven't adopted Alert Me.

Jim Noble wrote:
> the_cardiff_devil wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> Anyone know of a Smart Meter manufacturer? I have a client that
want a couple in a refurb.
>> They want a simple meter (like the one seen on the BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8042716.stm
- posted on this forum previously) that will show the client the current
output and other data but they also want it to transmit data remotely to a
3rd party (not, I hasten to add, a utility company).

> You could do that with one of the add on clamp meter type products.
eg.