Geovision GV2008 / GV1240

I've finally got permission to build a server with GeoVision.  Things
have =
changed somewhat since I last looked with various new (to me) cards.  I
thi=
nk I'd originally planned to go for the GV-800 which I think was the top
en=
d at one point.
=20
GV-2008 (8 cam)- =A31131.60
GV-1240 (8 cam) - =A3629 (looks best to me)
GV-1480 (8 cam) / GV-1480A - =A3899
GV-1240 (16 cam) - =A3799

Has anyone had any experience with these newer cards?  I can't see myself
e=
ver needing more than 8 cams (currently only have 1:-).  I'm interested in
=
the new hardware compression GV-2008 card, though I've seen people mention
=
on forums that it uses more disk space when recording.  Price is a little
e=
rrrm high as well.

I'm also considering using my Win 2003 SBS Server (Dell PowerEdge 1800,
wit=
h 2 x 3ghz xeon processors, 2gb ram).  Though looking at this data sheet,
I=
t mentions an "Embedded ATI Radeon 7000-M with 16MB SDRAM"
which=20
http://www.andovercg.com/datasheets/dell-poweredge-1800-server.pdf
<http://=
www.andovercg.com/datasheets/dell-poweredge-1800-server.pdf>=20

I see on the GeoVision bumf that it doesn't like VIA series and ATI
chipset=
motherboards.  Does the embedded ATI graphics card count?

I have the following IO ports  (I also need to get a soundcard):-
one PCI (32-bit/33MHz, 5v) and one PCI (64-bit/66MHz))
two PCI ExpressTM slots (1 x 8 lane and 1 x 4 lane);
two PCI-X=AE slots (64-bit/100MHz);

Looking at the following two links I can see GV-1480A - =A3899 which
appear=
s to be PCI-Express
http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/3_1.asp?stable1=3DPro&sfiled=3Dpgid&pno=
=3D29 <http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/3_1.asp?stable1=3DPro&sfiled=3Dp=
gid&pno=3D29>=20
But on GV-1480 (8 cam) it looks more like PCI?
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/geovision.htm
<http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/geov=
ision.htm>=20
=20
Does this mean you can get the cards in different I/O variants?
=20
Cheers guys
=20
=20
Rob
=20
P.S. I used to follow UKHA_D for years but gave up in 2004 due to the
amoun=
t of mail.  Are things a bit quieter this days?  I've still got 5 years of
=
back log to get through:-)