Re: Selling an automated house?

We were trying to sell a place not so long ago and the agent was quite
concerned about the amount of sockets in my old office ! ! !

8 double sockets in a bedroom + 4 double CAT5 keystones.

<pandj.munnoch@> wrote:

> >   I would also recommend against too much reference etc it in the
property details. You will simply put buyers off!

> >   Lastly the level of "desire" for automation will be
driven by your potential market sector. Don't expect Mr & Mrs 2.4
Children to be even slightly interested, a professional couple might be
different. The style and value of the property also plays a key part, both
mine are/were very contemporary and finished to a high standard (Well in my
eyes anyway!). The automation was designed to compliment the design more
than appeal to the gadget lover.

> >   In short don't lose sight of the fact that you (and us!) are
niche and in the minority. When selling a house you want to appeal to as
many people as possible so don't appeal to the niche!!!!

> >   Something tells me all that wasn't very helpful ;-)
> >

> Sounds like a very practical approach to me.
>
> I'm not surprised that most people might be put off by an automated
home.  It might be fine for us, but for everyone else, just keeping a PC
running is painful enough, without having to rely on it for basic household
functionality.  And how much is it going to cost to fix when it goes wrong?

> The fact that home automation does not add value to a home is a reason
why I would be very reluctant to install something like C-Bus.  Sure it
would work for me, but I'd rather have something I can easily rip out and
take with me than have to leave it behind creating problems for people who
would proabably rather not have it at all.