Re: Gigabit smart switch recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Gigabit smart switch recommendations
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 17:10:43 -0000

Just got a Dlink DGS1216T, (16port, option to have 2 SFP's) from
recollecti=
on was about =A3150 quid from the web, just can't find invoice to tell you
=
where.

Important plusses were SILENT - no fans and it's one of their Green
jobbies=
so only uses about a third of the electricity compared to the 24 port HP P=
rocurve that it replaced.(HP one was "borrowed" from work)

There was a slightly cheaper even lower power consumption version but it
ha=
d fans in it.

Hope that helps

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "jim_stuckinthemud" <jim.list@...>
wrote:

> Problem is it was an eBay purchase and I've doctored the fan to
quieten i=
t down.
>=20
> Hey ho.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Jim
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Steve Morgan" <steve@> wrote:
> >
> > Jim
> >=20
> > The GS724T has a lifetime warranty.
> >=20
> > Get on the phone, man!
> >=20
> > Steve=20
> >=20
Of
> > jim_stuckinthemud
> > Sent: 27 April 2009 12:13
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: [ukha_d] Gigabit smart switch recommendations
> >=20
> > My Gigabit switch died at the weekend (a Netgear GS724T), so
looking fo=
r any
> > suggestions for a replacement.
> >=20
> > Ideally smart/web managed (I sometimes do port mirroring to sort
proble=
ms,