Re: Comfort and Monitored Alarm Services

  • Subject: Re: Comfort and Monitored Alarm Services
  • From: "L Y Chiu" <cytech_tech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:41:02 -0000

Both Comfort I and II are able to dial to central monitoring stations,
or Alarm Receiving centers
However I think in order to have police response you have to have the
system installed, or at least the installation certified by a NACOSS or
SSAIB installer, and you may need to have it checked every year
As to being able to change your config, it depends on whether the installer
will let you have the engineer code..

L Y Chiu

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I sold my last house I ripped out my Comfort 1 and brought it
with me, I now finally have SWMBO approval to fit / have it fitted so long
as it can do what we have now in terms of external monitoring.

> I am not sure of the terminology when it comes to the different levels
of automated response so I will explain what we have.

> If the alarm sounds then a monitoring company rings our home number,
then mobiles, then the neighbours. If they don't get any answer or are
given the incrrect password they then call the police who respond.

> Can the same be implemented with Comfort Gen 1?? or do I have to buy a
Gen 2 alarm.

> If I go down this route do I have to relinquish the ability to edit my
comfort config? and have the thing professionally programmed?

> I know this is talked about on the Comfort forums but after reading
them I am not any clearer on what can be achieved.