From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of tonytofts
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:19 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Sonos

Have decided to start replacing a lot of my homebrew media/ha stuff.

I've started by ordering a tranquilpc to replace my hot & noisy current
server & mini-mac/firewire setup (though still to decide on whs or
w2k3)

But next up i want to start replacing my rio receivers / slimp3's, and
i'm thinking of going down the sonos route

My thinking is that it seems to be an excellent product, it's wireless
and the fact it's modular so can spread out the cost (also just got an
iphone so will be able to use the sonos app on that)

Am wondering if the general consensus is that sonos is the right product
to go for please? or is there something better for the price?

Also, the 1st two rio's to be replaced will be the bathroom and kitchen
which i have ceiling speakers already in place for. Is it likely i'd
need to change these speakers please?

Many thanks
Tony