Re: D-Link finally ships the DXN-221 Coax Ethernet adapter

  • Subject: Re: D-Link finally ships the DXN-221 Coax Ethernet adapter
  • From: Jamie Whitehorn <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:24:45 +0100

<tongue-firmly-in-check-mode>
Is anyone else struck by the irony of this?
We started out with 10Base2 aka thin Ethernet running over .... yep that's
right, coaxial cable. Oh the joys of trying to locate shorts, bad contacts
and missing terminators.
Then we moved to 10BaseT and enjoyed the benefits of Cat5. No taking the
whole segment down to add a new device. Point to point connections.
Switches with no collisions! Oh the rapture.
And now we've come full circle to start sending ethernet over coax again
and paying £150 for doing it.
Oh the irony :-)
<tongue-in-check-mode-off>

--
http://www.digitalpicy.com

â??The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to
live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same
time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the
stars...â?? - Jack Kerouac