Re: Low-power home server

  • Subject: Re: Low-power home server
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:53:37 +0100

In article <VA.00002251.001a4588@xxxxxxx>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I'm about to order one of these, unless someone can suggest a good
> alternative.

OK, now ordered. I have also made a cheeky offer on a refurb SATA 2.5"
HD on ebay. These are typically <1W when idle, which is better than
3.5" drives and I only need 20-40GB for my system drive.

[later]

Hmmmm, I wonder if standard adaptors to fit a 2.5" drive into a
3.5"
bay will fit those toolless hot-swap caddies?

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire