Re: IR Control of cbus???

  • Subject: Re: IR Control of cbus???
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:13:41 -0000

The In-ceiling PIR (they do two, it's the more expensive one) has an
IR receiver built in, so if you want occupancy based lighting as well you
could use that approach

I have one in the hall but the novelty of wandering into the hall to use
the remote is beginning to wear off, especially as I have to walk past a
perfectly good CBUS touchscreen to do it!!!

My plan is to program scenes into the switch (which will be hidden in a
cupboard) and then call these as part of the Logitech macro when switching
on the DVD player etc.

Does anyone know if you need the 8 button switch to get all 8 virtaul keys
that sit behind it?? I seem to remember at the CBUS training there being
some mention of the logic being there on the 2 and 4way just not the
buttons, but memory could be failing me as it was 5 years ago.

Regards

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ben McCormack" <yahoogroup@...>
wrote:

> Dean - I would also be interested in an 8 button Neo if the price was
right.

> I will also look at passing the IR into Comfrot and doing the
logic/control of cbus from there.

> This IR thing seems to be a weakness of cbus. I would have thought IR
control would have been much easier

> regards
> Ben
>
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul
> >
> > You've got it exactly right.
> >
> > 8 independent controls (8 button NEO) - each can be scene,
dimmer, switch
> > etc. - holding IR ramps the dimmer up and down.
> >
> > I think the IR codes for Cbus are in the Harmony database - I
certainly put
> > some in there at some point.
> >
> > I'll check what Neo's I have - I think one of the 8 buttons has
been spoken
> > for - I definitely have a 4 button, but will have a poke around
for another
> > 8 button.
> >

> > Dean.

action?? i.e. scenes

wrote:

> > > Ben
> > >
> > > I took the cheapskate route to IR control of Cbus with a
Pronto...

> > > I found an old Neo switch which allowed me 8 channels of IR,
stuck it
> > > in my rack and used an IR blaster thing to pick up my Pronto
IR and
> > > send it to the Neo.
> > >
> > > If this works for you, I can probably help you as I have a
couple of
> > > used ones kicking around here :)
> > >

> > > Dean.

Saturn