Re: Mobo Recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Mobo Recommendations
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:55:36 -0000

Hi Andy,

I have the TS-109Pro running firmware revision 3.0. The Pro part allows AD
integration among other things. It was okay when I bought it but the Samba
implementation can cause problems, Vista machines throw a challenge
response when accessing via Name but are okay with IP address. Samba
performance on writes can be poor and the CPU on the NAS device can get be
a bottleneck. In addition it needs a reboot about once a week.

Hence the reason I am thinking of removing the QNAP from my setup in the
future; at the point of upgrading my Mini-ITX from EN15000 to Nano 64bit
processor.

Paul