Re: Re: Universal remotes

im in this situation at the moment too although its becuase my pronto
890
has packed up and only sends IR and beeps when it wants to :(

The harmonys do seem very good but im not sure if I can tear myself away
from the full screen pronto approach.  I was even thinking of buying an old
pronto off ebay

Stu

2008/9/27 noel_pilot <HA@xxxxxxx>

>   I love my Harmony (885 IIRC) works perfectly, will work with an ir
> x10 interface, pretty much just works programming is reasonably enough
> and their support is excellent.
> Discrete codes on your devices helps obviously but generally i rate
> them very highly swmbo approval is high too.
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>, "Peter
and Jane=
"
> <pandj.munnoch@...> wrote:
> >
> > Morning all
> > Having at last got the TV room in our self build up and running,
> am facing an invasion of remote controls and a bit of flack from
> SWMBO. TV, DVD, Humax, Surround sound, Sonos, X10...and hopefully
> Freesat, Blu Ray later. The list goes on.
> > Recent posting re iBOOD Harmony 1000 woke me up. The more
research I
> do, the more uncertain I become. Some reviews don't seem to like the
> shape and multi pages of the Harmony 1000, and the Harmony One is
> preferred. Then there is a whole list of Harmony products. I like
> Logitec's database / usb approach, but must say my experience of their
> keypoards etc has not been great. I like the idea of getting x10
> integrated, even if it means an IR receiver.
> > Have folks on the list got any good (or bad) experiences re
> universal remotes. Philips Pronto seemed to be the standard at one
> time. Is it still? How about Marmitek? Seems a wide field from =A34.99
> at Lidl to =A3100's.
> > Help appreciated!
> > Rgds
> > Peter