New 1u rackmount case with 4 x Hotswap SATA

  • Subject: New 1u rackmount case with 4 x Hotswap SATA
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:27:52 -0000

Hi,=20

A few months ago, I remember I raised a question about recommend 1u=20
rackmount cases with minimal depth that could support hot swap=20
drives and a Mini ITX case.=20

At the time, there was nothing out there. But Travla have finally=20
released their Travala TE-1160. This case supports 4 x 3.5 External=20
hotswap SATA drives as well as 2 x internal 2.5 SATA or IDE drives=20
and a Mini ITX board in 1u chassis nearing AV rack mount depth (less=20
than 40cm). See futher details here : http://tinyurl.com/4agywa

I've been back and forth chatting to Ewan from Mini-Itx.com over the=20
past few months and thought I should let you know that although not=20
formally listed on the website, it is now available to buy in the UK=20
using this hidden link : http://tinyurl.com/4886mp

Please note that compatibility with Mini-ITX motherboards is=20
limited. The Travla / Casetronic website only mentions motherboards=20
which nativly support 4 SATA drives, however I've been told by Ewan=20
that it's 99% likely to be compatible with my EPIA EN motherboard.=20
(Mobo standoff and heatsink height may limit physical=20
compatibility).=20

I know many of you guys out there are fans of low powered Mini ITX=20
Motherboards for Home Automation / Media Servers, so hopefully like=20
me, this is the type of case you're seeking, particulalrly if you=20
don't have 600mm depth rack.=20

Happy to keep you updated on EPIA EN compatibility when it arrives.=20=20

Cheers

ps. Oh yes :  Pricing =A3199 + VAT + P&P (including 250w PSU)
pps. I'm not promoting this case or Mini-itx, but this type of case=20
has been a hard find! I don't beleive there is anything else out=20
there which allows 4 x Hotswap in 1u with such a depth.=20=20