Re: Problems with Displaymate adapter

  • Subject: Re: Problems with Displaymate adapter
  • From: "neil624875" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:41:46 -0000

Hi Tim

I've to go back and try one last time - what I need to do is make the
DisplayMate the primary display adapter so that I can then set the
resolution to what I need. This will work providing the PC to which
the adapter is attacehd allows the DisplayMae to be the primary
adapter and retains this setting following a reboot. At the moment in
mirror mode & as secondary display adapter it is setting it's own
resolution which which ignores the resolution of the primary PC
display adapter. The manufacturer is not much help - it's a chinese
company who do not support end users direclty and don't even list the
product on their website.

Neil B.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@...> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Could the mfr resolve this or did you end up returning the unit?
>
> (I've just got a 40" LCD and now realise I could have my xLobby
PC
> output displayed on the TV and with a wireless keyboard/mouse it would
> free-up a touch screen for elsewhere :-)  )
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim.
>
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Neil Ball <neilball@...> wrote:
> > Tim
> >

> > Yes, the documentation with the unit is almost exactly the same
and talks of
> > mirror and extended modes. What puzzles me is there is no option
to change
> > the Displaylink resolution in mirror mode and it does not default
to the
> > 1280x720 resolution that the Onkyo receiver demands. It also does
not follow
> > the resolution of the primary display in this mirror mode either
so maybe it
> > simply will not work as I need it to.
> >

> > It looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and install a new
video
card with