Re: Wattson

Martyn

Thanks - just been soldering up the connections from other web site
info when I saw your post - saved some debugging!  So I've now got
this step sorted and data coming in on the usb/com port.=20=20

For anyone else, you will (probably) need a Windows driver too -
available here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/TTL-232R-3V3.htm

I seem also to have the 'basic' 2400 bps model without historic data -
no info either on software version in the msg.  But it's sending the
power usage info through nicely so that's fine.=20=20

Time to do a bit of playing with xAP.

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Martyn Wendon" <martynwendon@...>
wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>=20
> Crimp an RJ45 plug on the cable as follows:
>=20
> RJ45  - USB Cable
>=20
> Pin 4 - Black
> Pin 8 - Yellow
>=20
> That's all you need.
>=20
>=20
> I whipped a very basic xAPP that just fires the data out every time
it's=20
> received on the comm port.  This is logged by Floorplan, I've not
gotten=20
> round to charting it yet though!
>=20
>=20
> Hope that helps,
>=20
>=20
> Martyn
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20
Any
wrote:

> > Yup, the Current Cose.... pesky tinyurl didn't work.
> >
> > The full url is:

https://www.ecogadgetshop.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductCode=3DCurrent%2=
0Cost%20Device%20(TEST)&Category=3D1

> > (assuming it works!)
> >
> > Or here:
> >
> > http://www.currentcost.co.uk/
> >

> > It has an RJ45 port on the bottom that chucks out XML data every
6
> > seconds.....but it's TTL level so I got one of these:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=3DgetProd=
uct&R=3D429-307