Re: Re: Audio Matrix Switcher.

  Audio switching is relatively easy - assuming they are analog and
not
digital (coax/optical) sources.   You also need to think how you might
want to control the switcher .. just by push buttons,  IR remote or by
RS232 for example.  There are audio switchers that will intermix analog
and digital and convert between the two as well.

Video brings far more issues like the connection type -  composite,
component, S-Video, RGBS, RGBHV, HDMI, etc - plus the aspects of
standard and high-definition  and whether you might want any non
broadcast formats eg a PC...

As with all things price increases with features and quality - are
you looking for a low budget solution - if so some of the Scart based
switchers handle 4x4 switching and cost only around £60 or so - with
IR
remote.  They could be used in a pure audio role too.

I think I have an 8x8 matrix with stereo audio and composite video
if that's of interest ?  If so give me a shout offlist...   They come up
on eBay fairly regularly too.

Simon.millward wrote:
> Guess I should have made myself a bit clearer. My initial plan is
> that I have four audio zones and have four audio sources that I would
> like to be able to switch any of the sources to any of the zones. But
> if I can do the same with video, that would be a bonus!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>>     I have a couple of AV switchers that might be if interest -
>>
> what
>
>> exactly are you looking for in terms of the formats you wish to
>>
> switch ?
>
>>     For video switching I wouldn't recommend a build it yourself
>> approach as the bandwidth and frequency are so high that physical
>>
> layout
>
>> is very critical..
>>
>>     cheers Kevin
>>
>> simon.millward wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have a spare a/v matrix switcher that they want to
>>>
> sell or
>
>>> even have the wiring diagrams on how to build one? I'm
preferably