RE: Any electronic experts?

To maintain the colour temperature (measure of whiteness), you need to
select lower rated bulbs (watts) rather than dimming it if possible.

Does the circuit allow strobing of the lamp i.e. 0% to 100% rather than
gradual dimming?

Also bear in mind that with continual strobing of a lamp, the life of it
will be reduced a fair bit. Not a problem though for your use I would have
thought.

Paul.

realistically
> in time to the thunder track?