Any Sony KDL-40X3500 / KDL-40X3000 Owners?

  • Subject: Any Sony KDL-40X3500 / KDL-40X3000 Owners?
  • From: "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 11:27:48 +0100

I was just wondering if anyone had one of these sets...
http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t32-x-series/kdl-40x3500

SWMBO likes the styling, and it seems to have all the right features,
so is there any reason not to buy it?
Best price with a 5yr warranty I've found is just over =A31200 vs. =A31650
in my local sony shop.

I've no HD sources at present, except a chipped xbox so will use it
for general TV via FTA Sky, plus the odd movie.

I've read what's on AVForums but as with most things there, there's a
lot of "don't get that one get this...no get this other one" etc.
I'm
thinking I can't seem to go too far wrong with this set, but any
direct user comments?

The intent also get a Denon 1908/1909 and use that to upscale my
analogue sources & limit the number of cables running directly to the
screen, so any comments on that too would be welcome.

Thanks guys,

Tim.