RE: Plex

> How does it handle music? Same as XBMC i.e. folders or does it
properly
> handle tags?

TBH I only use it for Video but I've just had a quick look at music.

As with video there are two ways to navigate, either FILE or LIBRARY.
File is folder and files, while library imports info from the tags it
seems.  I'm doing an import from my Various Artists folder now to
investigate further.

> Is it stable! No really stable!! I've had it with 'home brew' 'half
> arsed' 'nearly works' HA apps.

The version before this one went with us on hols to Spain.  The MacBook
hooked up to the TV and provided us with TV and Movies flawlessly for the
fortnight,

As with XBMC it's underconstant developemnt and the 5.14 release was
quickly followed up with 5.15 as it had broken some stuff.

Plex guys have said the following though..."What we?d like to do is
ensure
two things: that you always have a stable version of Plex to download
(which gets bug-fixes), and that you have access to more bleeding edge
versions (with new features). To this end, odd version numbers (0.5.x,
0.7.x, 0.9.x) will always be bleeding edge versions, and even version
numbers (0.6.x, 0.8.x, 1.0.x) will be stable versions."

> Skins do look LOVELY! But beauty is skin deep (/me avoids MAC
references
> ;-))

I've stop evangelising. I've realised it really doesn't matter to me if
other can't see it ;)

M.