Re: Problems with Displaymate adapter

Neil,

I don't have one but have used multiple monitors in the past.

Looking at the text on http://www.displaylink.com/installation.html
it
may be that this unit will only extend and not mirror your existing
desktop (the copy uses phrases like "spread out" and
"expanded
desktop").

However, looking here: http://www.displaylink.com/multi_monitor_101.html
There does appear to be a "mirror" option from the
"DisplayLink GUI"
taskbar icon.
(and also later on the same page, "mirror mode" i.e. "A
display can be
set to mirror by choosing "Mirror" from the DisplayLink
GUI.")

I'm not too familiar with DisplayLink so I don't know if what's talked
about above is all in the same product or features of different units.

HTH somewhat,

Tim.

On 9/2/08, Neil Ball <neilball@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm stuck trying to get a USB-DVI Displaylink adapter working as I
need it
> and am hoping that someone on the list may be able to offer some help.
The