X10 LW12 modules stopped responding to 'Off' commands

  • Subject: X10 LW12 modules stopped responding to 'Off' commands
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:37:19 -0000

I'm using 4 HDM1's (Harmony branded LW12's) micro module dimmers on 4
lighting ciruits in my living room.

They've been installed for about 2 years and I've never had a problem
with them, all of a sudden 2 of the ciruits have stopped responding
to 'Dim' or 'Off' X10 commands. (One has 3 X GU10 50w, The other 4 X
GU10 50W). They still respond to local control and X10 'On' commands.
Haven't added any thing new lately, the only thing I noticed was we
had an evening of 'Brown outs' about the time these stopped responding.

Tried reprogramming them, that didn't help but I did spend a bit of
time this morning and found that if I use local control to dim the
lights to 80% or less they will respond to the X10 'Off'. However,
once they're back on they stop responding again. Tried removing a
couple of bulbs to reduce the load but that didn't help either.

If it was only one circuit I'd put it down to module failure but it
seems strange that 2 would go at the same time. Any ideas ?

Cheers
Kevin.