RE: Room occupancy detection and door opening/closing - 1-wire or wireless solution?

>  I'll be playing with Pulsars (beam stress sensors too) when I
finally
> get around to improving room occupancy http://www.sureaction.com/pulsor.htm

I've fitted on too the toilet (as you know) and tested it all works (i.e.
detects someone sitting down and standing up) but still not actually wired
it up to the "brain" so that it can turn the pan fan on.. have
you fitted your pan fans yet Kevin ?

I still intend to use some more of the sensors on the stair treads to
detect someone going up or down and so deduce which lights needs be turned
on (hallway or landing).

I've toyed with the idea of fitting them to floor joists for occupancy
detection but it would work out more expensive than PIRs as they have a
smaller range. Also I'm concerned that next door might set them off.. we
live in old semidetached and when next doors kids run up their hallway
things rattle in our hallway, I think the dividing all on which the floor
joists rest is only a single brick and is transmitting vibrations from
their joists...

Marcus