Re: GU10 LED Bulbs

  • Subject: Re: GU10 LED Bulbs
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:02:47 -0000

Have a look at UltraLEDS they give you the beam angle, the beam=20
colour and the LUM output. You need to be looking at Cree or Nichia=20
based LED technology. They cost significantly more than B&Q but they=20
are the cutting edge of LED technology.

I have three of the following and they are superb (again they are not=20
cheap and also slightly longer than a normal GU10)

- 90-240V AC  High Power Nichia  3 x 1 Watt Single Leds=20
- Flood Light 120'=20
- Warm White 3000K (Looks just the same colour as your regular Bulb)=20
- 250 Lumen (40+ watt standard bulb equiv)=20
- Glass Lens - Metal Case

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/u10n3wwgu10-240v-watt-nichia-warm-white-
leds-wide-angle-p-1579.html

HTH

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "mwgardner2000" <groups@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> Has anyone found any reasonable LED GU10 bulbs as a replacement for=20
> 50W Halogen GU10s?=20
>=20
> Shocked by a recent electricity bill, I'm looking at a number of=20
> power saving opportunities, and these are an obvious one. We have=20
> quite a few 50w GU10s which I would like to replace with LED bulbs.=20
> Google throws up quite a few, but I've not yet found anything that=20
> meets the mark. There are several types available but I've not yet=20
> found a 50W halogen equivalent, in terms of light colour, angle of=20
> beam, and brightness. Also, the cost of replacement may not make it=20
> worthwhile yet!
>=20
> I've bought one bulb (at the cheaper end of the range - =A36) so
far=20
to=20
> test - it ticks the power consumption box (1w), but is a very cold=20
> white light, very narrow angle of beam, and not nearly as bright as=20
a=20
> 50w halogen. I have places where I can use these, but cannot see=20
> them  as a replacement for 9 bulbs in the kitchen.
>=20
> At the higher end of the price range, this=20
> (http://tinyurl.com/45umuu) might be
worth a try, but wholescale=20