Re: Re: XBMC (Boxee) on AppleTV

> Answering my own post, there's a thread on plex forums basically
> saying that they're not really interested in anything other than
> hardware that can play full high bitrate content i.e. mac mini

Yeah..from our interview with the head developer Elan in April...

http://tinyurl.com/5c2y4o

Q: We've read it's unlikely you'll support the AppleTV as it's not
powerful enough for HD.  That's a pity as it would have been a relatively
inexpensive platform for OSXBMC. Is this definitely something you wont
consider for the future, even just for SD DivX/XviD playback?

A: You've touched on one reason why we haven't approached the platform.
The 720p limitation and closed hardware decoder don't it make it
attractive from that perspective. More importantly, though, and as we've
stated in the past, we want to stay on the right side of Apple here, and
hacking the Apple TV doesn't seem like the best approach to get them to
send us Christmas cards.