Latest message you have seen: Re: [Advert] - HA related eBay item

Re: Re: Base-line power consumption

  • Subject: Re: Re: Base-line power consumption
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:22:00 +0000 (GMT)

You need to be a little careful about stuff like the microwave drawing
50W,=
or my TV drawing 45W when not even turned on at the front panel switch! Th=
ey don't really.

It's a power factor thing, because the monitors that clip around the
incomi=
ng do not measure the voltage they cannot measure the power factor and
take=
account.

See wikipedia for an explanation (I expect).

Cheers,
Jon