XBMC and Filtering media

  • Subject: XBMC and Filtering media
  • From: Wayne <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:27:46 +0000

Hi all,
Now that I've been playing around with XBMC for a bit I've got my film
library shared on my pc - library mode on the xbox (it has all the cover
art and plots etc...) all seem to be going ok.

I'm interested in how people are tackling film classification and
access. Is this something that is already built in (I just havnt found
it)? or is there an addon that can stop the young ones from getting
access to 16+ or 18 rated stuff? I'm tempted to soft mod my sons xbox
and let him access the movies share I have but not at the expense of him
getting at films that are not rated for his age group.

I realise that for his xbox I could seperate out my movies and share
accordingly, but I'm also thinking of getting one for the more 'family
access' rooms that SWMBO and I could watch (read SWMBO = simple point
and click access, not adding shared sources in!) without the worry that
little'un could then access the unsuitable stuff when he's on it.

(hope all that makes sence!)

Cheers all
Wayne.

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109