RE: DIY Serial Leads

I made my own standard!

>From memory, only pins 2,3 and 5 of the DB9 connector were needed (TX,
RX and GND - but not necessarily in that order). Whether pins 2 and 3 are
straight through or crossed depends on the devices being used.

I also did find a big problem with using unscreened Cat5e cable over 10+ m
runs, especially for faster comms (this was for Homevision to PC link). I
dropped the baud rate which was OK but will eventually replace the link
with a proper screened RS232 cable for reliability.

Paul.

Hampshire