Arcam - Going for a song?

  • Subject: Arcam - Going for a song?
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:30:50 -0000

Just thought I'd pass this on.  I've been looking to upgrade my AV
receiver for a couple of years and just spotted this week that the
Arcam AVR350 is currently available for =A3599 from a number of places.
Considering that this is a pretty high quality =A31500 7.1 amp this is
a bit of a bargain.=20=20

Clearly it's just about to be superseded by a new model but this one
does exactly what I need and the new model is probably going to be
back up at the =A31500 mark. Nevertheless, its a very good bit of kit,
especially if (as I am) you want to use the amp as much for decent
quality audio as well as AV.=20=20

Posting here as this is a very HA friendly bit of kit with serial
interface and documented IR (and discrete) codes.=20=20

I'll be playing with my new one over the weekend.  I'll be able to now:
- Bi-amp the main speakers for music
- Play only stereo for the stereo sources with ease
- Switch sources easily (at the moment its a manual kludge)

With luck it should sound a bit better too. Once upon a time I was a
purist, with separates, no other speakers in the room etc.  Now I just
want a decent quality, look good (or better, be hidden) and one touch
convenience and total integration in the house.=20

I'll be ebaying my Arcam Alpha 9 amp and Denon 2802!

Richard