Re: VPN or other solution from iPhone to HA server?

  • Subject: Re: VPN or other solution from iPhone to HA server?
  • From: "Andy Powell" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:28:37 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gale <groups2@...> wrote:

> I'd like to get a solution for remotely monitoring/managing my HA
servers at home from a remote location, preferably via my iPhone. I
know screen size etc isn't ideal but this would be only for emergency
access etc.

> My three servers are Windows 2008 Server (x2) and XP (HA app server).
>
> Any suggestions/thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.

Well,

The iphone has a VPN client built in which is a doddle to set up with
something like monowall but the other simpler option is to use a
webserver using a self signed cert over https - set yourself up as a
ca and import email the public cert to your iphone to avoid the
warning dialog. Then just use Safari on the ifoam.

Obviously assuming your ha stuff as a web[ish] interface...

A.