From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ben McCormack
Sent: 30 May 2008 12:15
To: UKHA Mailinglist
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Comfort Design Question

Mike

When you speak of krone blocks I assume you mean these?

http://www.repsole.com/Product.asp?PID=976

So are you suggestion the following

1 Terminate all Comfort Main Panel inputs and outputs on a set of
krone blocks
2 terminate all of the incoming wires on a set of krone blocks - ie
PIR, Magnetic contacts etc
3. Patch between the 2 sets of Krone Blocks

Regards
Ben

On 30 May 2008, at 11:11, Mike Griffiths wrote:

> Also Ben I would really consider bringing all the inputs and outputs
> and
> control out to a Set of 10 Krone blocks - you can get krone blocks
> that
> are all connected so this makes KA / KB control and the 0 v and 12 v
> easily distributable and having all the ins and outs on krones make
> adding to the system very easy, it also aides fault finding and
> shutting
> off the siren when working on the system ;-)
> It can get very tight inside the unit to add cables at a later date
> especially if you follow the recommendation to use screened cable for
> the control to the keypads and slaves
> Personally I would never recommend a LEM 03 unless you know the system
> would never expand.
> The slaves really come into their own if you have a separate area
> like a
> garage - Comfort works a treat for automating lights and garage doors
> and is far more secure than using C-bus - one screened cat 5 and you
> can
> do all sorts of clever things in the garage with a slave unit
>
> Hope this helps
> Mike

other in the
> same
> > mounting position within the case by using long standoff pillars,
> this
> > helps a lot, but can also be a hindrance in terms of access to
> > obscured
> > terminals, so it's certainly worthwhile thinking about what
boards
> > you're likely to need access to after fitting.
> >
> > I'll try to take a picture of the layout of my panel tomorrow,
but
> > from
> > memory I have the following all within the main panel:
> >
> > Ultra II mainboard
> > LEM01-G2 local expansion module
> > ADM01 Aux distribution module
> > LSM01 Light sensor module
> > UCM05
> > Ringer module
> > RLY01 Relay board (4 relays)
> > Battery
> >
> > If you want the zone expansion, you can either use a SEM (slave
> > expansion) or a LEM (Local expansion) module. The design of the
> LEM is
> > such that it mounts on top of the mainboard & connects via a
ribbon
> > cable. The Ringer module also mounts on top of the mainboard.
> >
> > A SEP is a complete additional panel with another power supply,
> > another
> > "mainboard" - but not a full comfort mainboard
obviously, - it's a
> cut
> > down version; - a SEM, which is designed to be mounted remotely
from
> > the
> > main panel, and connects back to it via a standard alarm cable (I
> > believe)... I don't have any form of Slave expansion in my
system,
> > so I
> > may be a little off in my understanding of how the slaves work,
> > because
> > as you say, it is a little confusing!
> >
> > With both LEM's & SEM's beware that I believe there are
several
> > flavours
> > of each, - AIUI all of them have 16 "ports" - but some
of them are
> > split
> > as 8 inputs & 8 outputs, whereas others are all 16 inputs. -
If you