Latest message you have seen: Fw: TiVo About to Re-launch in the UK

Re: Comfort Design Question

Paul

I really need more inputs rather than outputs.

So I would like to use the 16 input board (LEM03) but from what I can
see when I use that board I cannot add any slave expansion boards at a
later date.

Ben

On 30 May 2008, at 10:21, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Hi Ben.
>
> You may well be able to fit all that in a single panel, - but it will
> possibly be a squeeze, depending how you plan/arrange it.
>
> Many of the modules can be "stacked" on top of each other in
the same
> mounting position within the case by using long standoff pillars, this
> helps a lot, but can also be a hindrance in terms of access to
> obscured
> terminals, so it's certainly worthwhile thinking about what boards
> you're likely to need access to after fitting.
>
> I'll try to take a picture of the layout of my panel tomorrow, but
> from
> memory I have the following all within the main panel:
>
> Ultra II mainboard
> LEM01-G2 local expansion module
> ADM01 Aux distribution module
> LSM01 Light sensor module
> UCM05
> Ringer module
> RLY01 Relay board (4 relays)
> Battery
>
> If you want the zone expansion, you can either use a SEM (slave
> expansion) or a LEM (Local expansion) module. The design of the LEM is
> such that it mounts on top of the mainboard & connects via a
ribbon
> cable. The Ringer module also mounts on top of the mainboard.
>
> A SEP is a complete additional panel with another power supply,
> another
> "mainboard" - but not a full comfort mainboard obviously, -
it's a cut
> down version; - a SEM, which is designed to be mounted remotely from
> the
> main panel, and connects back to it via a standard alarm cable (I
> believe)... I don't have any form of Slave expansion in my system,
> so I
> may be a little off in my understanding of how the slaves work,
> because
> as you say, it is a little confusing!
>
> With both LEM's & SEM's beware that I believe there are several
> flavours
> of each, - AIUI all of them have 16 "ports" - but some of
them are