Re: Slightly OT: Scraping tide info for house intranet page

  • Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Scraping tide info for house intranet page
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:17:19 -0000

Hi Ant,
Sorry for questions, that sounds perfect, my coding is almost minimal,
can handle html and a tiny bit of php but not dabbled in much more,
have found both ruby and perl extensions for dreamweaver (what I'd
normally use for sites/editing).  Any tips for how I'd get started
with either of your suggestions or any sample reading material that
might get me going!??!

Thanks

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ant <blowback@...> wrote:

> Gah, GMail's wrapped it. In the perl, the line starting
"print" and

"http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml?date=20080527&loc=0027";;
> > $start_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats open -->";
> > $end_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats close -->";
> >
> > my $content = get $url;
> >
> > if(defined($content)) {
> >    print "<table>\n$1\n</table>\n"
if($content =~

URI.parse("http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml?date=20080527&loc=0027";)
> > start_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats open -->"
> > end_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats close -->"
> >
> > Net::HTTP.get(url).scan(/#{start_delim}(.*?)#{end_delim}/m) { x
> > print "<table>\n#{x}</table>\n" }
> >

> > cheers
> >
> > ant
> >

> > On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Wayne <Wayne@...> wrote:
> >> If your ok with a bit of coding - you could always hack it
out in
real
> >> time :)
> >>
> >> Wayne.

> [...]