RE: Multi room audio Sonos or what else?

> Sonos looks nice but a fair investment for 3 rooms or more.

It is, but a great system.

> anyone any idea how much power the Sonos devices use?

Dunno.  Would be big difference between amped and un-amped zoneplayers I'd
imagine though.

> Also what do these small NAS devices like Buffalo use?

Drobo review - http://tinyurl.com/64oywd - Around 42
watts (four drives)

Man NAS Review - http://tinyurl.com/26ge38 - around 18
watts (single drive)

> could i use an X10 Appliance module with each Zone Player to turn them
all
on
> and off when the alarm is set? I assume they don't need any gracefull
shutdown.

Yes, that would work fine.

If you want to spend less look at the Squeezebox Duet - review...

http://tinyurl.com/58j2b3

M.