Re: Re: Slightly OT: Scraping tide info for house intranet page

here's a bit of perl that will do the job:

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
use LWP::Simple;

$url = "http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml?date=20080527&loc=0027";;
$start_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats open -->";
$end_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats close -->";

my $content = get $url;

if(defined($content)) {
print "<table>\n$1\n</table>\n" if($content =~
/$start_delim(.*?)$end_delim/s);
}

Or some Ruby to do the same thing:

#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'net/http'

url = URI.parse("http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/coast/tides/tides.shtml?date=20080527&loc=0027";)
start_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats open -->"
end_delim = "<!-- tide chart stats close -->"

Net::HTTP.get(url).scan(/#{start_delim}(.*?)#{end_delim}/m) { x
print "<table>\n#{x}</table>\n" }

cheers

ant

wrote:

>>>   awesome good find, thanks, will prob use that altho
interested to know
>>> how I could have scraped the other info if anyone knows?!?!
>>>
>>> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>,
"brougham Baker"

think about a home
think I like to