From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Paul Gordon
Sent: 19 May 2008 14:36
To: UKHA Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Curtain automation

Well, I have now received one each of the two different models of motor,
the larger of which I have fitted to the Silent Gliss corded track I
have in the lounge.

By Criminey, this thing is *huge* - it wouldn't look out of place bolted
on to the front of a Landrover! - Still, at least it's hidden behind the
curtain, and although it is substantially more proud of the wall than
the curtain track is, - meaning of course that the curtain sort of
slopes forwards at the bottom where it sits over the motor, fortunately,
it doesn't really notice.

The larger motor is massively powerful... - I'm certain I could have
perfectly well managed with the smaller model. - It's quieter than the
Butler AAM that it replaced, but not massively so, - so it's not silent
in operation. - perfectly bearable however. What it *is* though is far
faster than the Butler was, - at least 2 (or 3) times as fast... The old
Butler would take around 8-10 seconds to complete a full open or close
on my lounge curtains (quite a long track). This new Powercord one does
it in around 3-4 seconds, so although it's not silent, what noise it
does make is only audible for a very short time.

I have it connected to Comfort via their optional HA interface module,
so I have automatic dusk/dawn operation as well as a couple of CBUS
buttons setup to do manual open/close as well. - All works like a charm.

I have of course taken pictures during the install, so when I get a
spare 5 mins, I'll compile them into an article for the AH website. - I
still have another motor to fit upstairs yet (the smaller model), so
I'll probably wait until I've finished that one too, and post it all as
one article.

Paul G.

feedback so
> > > possible to get out of sync (open instead of close etc.)
> > >
> > > Silent Gliss motorised tracks (not the autoglide range
though) =
> NOT
> > > cheap! - but you get what you pay for....
> > >
> > > Goelst G-Rail = same as Silent Gliss
> > >

> > > These obviously represent the two extreme opposite ends of
the
> > > spectrum,
> > > - the Butler is under a ton, the other two won't likely give
me
any
> > > change from a grand.. Is there *still* nothing in the
middle-