Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit

  • Subject: Re: [OT]ish - Tools for chasing out walls for conduit
  • From: "Ian Bird" <ian.bird@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 11:40:49 -0000

Thanks for this James. I have been looking a lot since posting and
once I struck on the magic words options popped up in Google by the
three or four even ;-)

Naturally the expensive once are most tempting right down to options
for a tenner. Not to be forgotten is the cost of an industrial strenth
vacuum. Since I hope to be working in 'customers' houses things like
mess are a big consideration.

My favouites so far are these:
ARBORTECH AS160 ALLSAW 240V - 700 on Ebay, 750 plus elsewhere
METABO MFE30 WALL CHASER 240V - around 300 quid

I am taken by the non circular cutting action one i.e. the Arbortech
for the afore mentioned mess factor. Here is a video of it in action
which is quite impressive. Having used a disk cutter I appreciate the
relative ease demonstrated here.

<http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7743786101379268102&q=arbortech>

Have to see the bank manager I think...........

Thanks

Ian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "James Crossley" <jimmyc1163@...>

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11900/Hand-Tools/Builders-Tools/Builders-Basics/Wall-Chaser