From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Phil Harris
Sent: 16 May 2008 23:54
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Measuring CH water temperature?

Piers,

You *REALLY* don't need the heatsink paste between the two surfaces ...
heatsink paste is supposed to fill in minute imperfections between two
very-close-to-perfectly-smooth surfaces such as the top of a CPU and the
base of a heatsink, whacking it between a DS18S20 and a copper pipe is
likely to be at best just a source of gloopy mess and at worst could
actually act as a *BARRIER* to the DS18S20 gatting a decent temperature
reading...

Phil