From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Piers Kittel
Sent: 15 May 2008 15:08
Subject: [ukha_d] Measuring CH water temperature?

Hi all,

For some reason, I now want to measure the temperature of my central
heating system. While I could tape a temperature sensor on the pipe,
I think the reading would be inaccurate and unreliable, I would like
to be able to immerse the sensor in the water itself. I'm going to do
a lot of plumbing with my central heating system soon, so I'd like to
plumb in the sensors while the system's drained and pipes cut/
disconnected, and connect the sensors up later on. Do anyone know of
something like a short pipe and a temperature sensor embedded in the
pipe ready for plumbing directly into a copper/plastic central heating
system? If not, can I put something similar together without
compromising the pressurised system? I don't fancy leaks like
everyone else :)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards - Piers