Re: Device ON reporting - current sensors...

  • Subject: Re: Device ON reporting - current sensors...
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 19:37:05 -0000

That looks quite useful and a search in the UK suggests a combined=20
price of around =A320 for the Current Transformer and PCB (although=20
that can take 2 CTs).

Just need to see if it will work with my HA System, Idratek. But I=20
see no reason why not as they output a digital signal?

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "L Y Chiu" <cytech_tech@...> wrote:

> The Comfort system has Current sensors which are connected to=20
Comfort
> Inputs, see  picture and manual at
> http://www.cytech.biz/Default.aspx?cmd=3DID%2ftW5Xw2bTCO626ZAAInw%3d%
3d&productid=3D211&categoryid=3D6&pageindex=3D
wrote:

> > I'm after a tidy way of detecting when a device is switched
on.=20
> > Preferably something that sits in the mains lead feed and senses
> current=20
> > levels.  It should cope with a standby current and a full on
so=20
ideally=20
> > should be intelligent or have a threshold current selectable.
I=20
would=20
> > like volt free contact reporting. What's available ? There
used=20
to be a=20
> > few of these -  the enthusiast versions involving a few turns
of=20
the=20
> > live or neutral wire around a toroid (a bit untidy)  but I can't
> seem to=20
> > find many now - or not at an economical price.=20=20
> >=20
> > Having just been given one of the Intelliplugs (thans e-on) I was
> toying=20
> > with using those - it has switched socket outputs that could
be=20
used to=20
> > power a relay, does intelligent sensing and can be sourced for=20
around a=20
> > fiver. There is a 5 second delay for both on and off sensing=20
though and=20
> > the devices are slightly bulky being the size of a 3 way=20
adaptor..=20=20
> > Something small and inline to the power cable (IEC connectors)=20
would be=20
> > great.=20
> >=20
> > On the devices I wish to monitor I dont't have any outputs
that=20
easily=20
> > reflect state eg a  voltage or video synch signal that could
be=20
used to=20