Re: HD a\v docking for Ipod

Well, it will upconvert but the quality I'm sure will be pretty pants
- at the end of the day, you're converting an iPod video (high res) of
something like 640x360 to a 1080i resolution of 1920x1080. No matter what
clever upscaling algorithms and scalers can find pixels that just aren't
there. The image may look a lot smoother than a simple scale but it
certainly isn't comparable to a true HD signal.

The music menus etc will be a different kettle of fish though, as the
output will be true 1080i or 720p, so they should in theory look great.

>From the article, it looks like it's designed to play standard iPod
videos i.e. at that 640x360 res or smaller etc... and upscale them to HD
output resolutions. It doesn't mention anything about HD res source
material on the iPod - I suspect the iPod isn't beefy enough to play back
any of the HD formats - but I'm guessing. Plus the video size would be
pretty large, meaning not much video capacity on a typical iPod.

Paul.