TV Cards - Advice

  • Subject: TV Cards - Advice
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:02:02 -0000

Evening all,

I am looking for advice on purchasing a TV card so that I can watch /
distribute live TV from satellite. I believe I need a card that
supports DVB-S or possibly DVB-S2 such as Hauppage, AverMedia, etc.
For the time being I am interested in Freesat (DVB-S?) but ultimately
I would like to do the same with Sky (DVB-S2) using my existing card.

>From what I have read this seems possible, but I have noticed that
most cards require a high-spec machine. Therefore, do cards exist that
have on-board "decoders" to take some of the load off the CPU?

Thanks,

Paul