RE: XBMC for Mac - Release 0.5.0b1

> Do that require more than your bog-standard mac mini?  I bet it
does...

This is worth a read...

http://blog.kozubik.com/john_kozubik/2008/03/high-definition.html

basically says a 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo mini should do all modern 1080p files
that you might "reasonably encounter" currently.  Unfortunately
thats a
£500 box.  I put that to Elan in our OSXBMC review -
http://tinyurl.com/5c2y4o - his answer
was if you can afford an HD screen
in each room you can afford a mini to go with it :)

It's a good point thought.  Many (most) of us will only need one mini in
the main AV room with good old xboxes still useful for SD in other rooms.

M.

PS - Don't buy a Mac mini until the WAY over-due revisions are announce
(must be) soon.