Re: [OT] Does anyone have an old floppy drive cable?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Does anyone have an old floppy drive cable?
  • From: "pjqx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 21:55:47 -0000

It would be interesteing to see if they still read - In my experience
the chance of being able to read anything useful from them will be
slim if they have been left for years.  I also took a look at a few
old data DVDs I had burned and after 5 years most were not 100%
readable any longer.  I took it up with Kodak as the DVDs were
guaranteed for 100 years - they told me that the disk was guaranteed
(presumably to still be a disk) but the data was not! Go figure.

Tim.